Thursday, December 6, 2012

Found-photo and Ephemera Portraits opens tomorrow




Some installations shots of the current show. It opens tomorrow and runs December 7 - 22. Most of the art is for sale, with proceeds being donated to Gleaner's Food Pantry, Indianapolis. The works include magazine clippings, found photographs, thrift store paintings, as well as work by Georgia Kraus and Harry Blomme. Price range $5 - $50. We can authenticate your purchase with the official "Utrillo's" stamp, if you like.

I'm really enjoying this show. I hadn't planned a curated approach, at least not beyond basic arranging of the work. It did go beyond that, and it was a very intriguing process. I'm not sure I can impose my own vision, to this degree, onto the work of active, living artists. But I'm certainly more open to that scenario now. 

More images of the show are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment